Monday, May 31, 2010

It's over already?!

Keri (fellow Ambrose student and onSiter in Cambodia) and I at the airport.
Team Place of Rescue! :) Melanie and I at the airport the night she and Keri left for Canada
Melanie's farewell party. (I have no clue what I am trying to do in this picture!)
Some of the kids and I at Melanie's farewell party.

The countdown is on! I have less than a week left in Cambodia. This has been a busy month to say the least! At the start of the month, I said farewell to Melanie as she went back to Canada. It was an absolute blessing to serve with her this year! I also said farewell to another Ambrose student and onSiter named Keri. It was so great to have two other onSiters so close! Teaching has gone really well this month. One of my groups finished the textbook they had been working on for months and it was really neat to be able to share that accomplishment with them! A highlight of teaching this month was teaching my advanced class the song, "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. I forgot how much I love that song. I know its incredibly simple, yet there is just something about it that brings a tear to my eye.



I preached this past sunday in Phnom Penh at International Christian Assembly, my home church here in Cambodia. My message was entitled, "What Fuels You?", and I looked at what fuels us as believers in Jesus Christ.

I focused on four things...
  1. Fueled by the body (Phil 2:1-4)
  2. Fueled by home (Psalm 84)
  3. Fueled by scars (Isaiah 53:4-5)
  4. Fueled by the future (Gal 5:1)
It was a blessing and an honor to share in front of so many passionate Christians. I felt kind of strange after it was over though, it was about a 6 month process of praying about and planning that sermon! :-) hahaha

This week is my week of "lasts" here in Cambodia. My last day of teaching is tomorrow! That still feels weird to say that...My farewell party is Thursday and I leave Place of Rescue on Friday afternoon. I can not believe at how quick these 3+ months have gone! I will spend the weekend in Phnom Penh with friends and then Monday night I start my journey home...

I have a 12 hour layover in South Korea! Video blog or two??? Maybe...time will tell friends :)

Love and Blessings,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment