Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's April already!?

Hey all! How is everyone doing? I hope my dear friends in Calgary were not too disheartened by the recent snow. :) We have gotten a surprisingly high amount of rain in Cambodia this past month and I have loved falling asleep to the sound of rain hitting my tin roof.

This has been a great month of teaching and living life here in Cambodia at Place of Rescue. A teaching highlight was the unit my students and I did on eating in a restaurant. We had great fun learning how to order food and learning about common items such as plates, knifes, spoons etc. My students are all learning a lot and progressing in their studies well. I am really really proud of all of them! I know how much hard work it takes to learn another language and I am excited to see where God will take them and the paths he has in store for them.

A second highlight from April was being able to go to Vietnam for a few days for a time of debriefing with two fellow Ambrose students. I greatly appreciated the opportunity to rest for a few days, think about/reflect upon the incredible things God has done in my life, and just connect with God and friends. Vietnam was beautifal! The people are amazing and the scenary is incredible! I have found it amazing to see the beauty of God through creation here in Southeast Asia. The sunsets of Cambodia, the mountains of Vietnam, the forests of Thailand, they all point to the loving and beautifal hand of God at work in creation.

Can everyone please pray for me? May 30th I am preaching at my International Church in Phnom Penh. I am looking at the question, "What Fuels You?". My hope and prayer is that God uses it as a great motivation and encouragement to my church family here in Cambodia. I love my church and church family here. We have 30+ countries represented and it is a place full of people that absolutely love Jesus Christ!

As I sign off, let me leave you with a portion of scripture that has really encouraged me these past few weeks...

Jeremiah 1:5-8

5"Before I shaped you in the womb,
I knew all about you.
Before you saw the light of day,
I had holy plans for you:
A prophet to the nations—
that's what I had in mind for you."

6But I said, "Hold it, Master God! Look at me.
I don't know anything. I'm only a boy!"

7-8God told me, "Don't say, 'I'm only a boy.'
I'll tell you where to go and you'll go there.
I'll tell you what to say and you'll say it.
Don't be afraid of a soul.
I'll be right there, looking after you."
God's Decree.

"God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called"

-George Barna

Love and Blessings,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment