Monday, November 23, 2009

WAY too long!!

Hey everyone! I know it has been WAY too long since I updated and for that I am sorry. I am officially settled in at my new home at Place of Rescue. I am currently in the middle of my second full week here in the village and I love it. I teach a class of 24 grade 4's, 7 grade 10's, 3-8 grade 7-9's, and some one on one tutoring with a grade 10 and 12 student. This past Thursday, we had the honor and blessing of welcoming Paul Brandt to Place of Rescue. He was here for the day with a group of six other people from North America. He toured the orphanage and then performed an acoustic concert for the kids! Everyone loved having him and listening to him sing. The older kids had t-shirts from his most recent tour and the young kids had "I heart Paul Brandt" t-shirts. I experienced something amazing last monday, I had the chance to help welcome one of our newest children to Rescue. He is a two year old boy named November, he was left at an NGO by his mother and sent to live with his grandparents. The grandfather was abusive, tied him up when he left the house, and fed him nothing but the equivlent of sugar water; heartbreaking to say the least but a wonderful experience to welcome this little guy into a BRAND NEW chapter and opportunity in life. If I could sum up the last little while in one sentence, I think it would be this; Life is so much more fulfilling when it's not all about me.

Love and Blessings,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment